This post is #3 in DailyTekk’s famous Top 100 series which explores the best startups, gadgets, apps, websites and services in a given category. Total items listed: 100. Time to compile: 8+ hours. Follow @DailyTekk on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a week!
As an IT Director, I can personally appreciate how hard it can be to stay organized in today’s world. Fortunately, I’ve been able to find and utilize some incredibly helpful technology to keep my life in order. Since I’m always looking for good services and products to recommend to my coworkers, I decided to create a master list of the best organizational tools, websites, apps and more to pass around my office and post here on DailyTekk.
I think different people will use these tools in different ways. Some people want lots of bells and whistles and will jump at a do-it-all application like Evernote (read more about why I’m a huge Evernote fan). Others may just want a simple to-do list that they can manage on their phone. Still others are looking for ways to organize their team, their finances, their passwords and their money. If you fit into any of the above categories, you’ll find something new to love here on this post.
Make sure to check out the miscellaneous section near the end of the post where I’ve stashed some of the coolest and most unique organizational tools. As comprehensive as this list is, I did leave many tools out because they didn’t seem up to par with the rest of the tools listed here, but, if I did happen to miss something great, please leave me a comment to let me know!
Notebooks / Journals / Clipping
- Evernote - Remember anything.
- Catch – App for capturing, discovering and sharing.
- Springpad – Really, really smart notebooks.
- Diigo – Web highlighter, bookmarking and annotation tool.
- Springnote – Online notebook based on a wiki.
- Awesome Note – Combine notes with to-dos in one app.
- Marro.ws – Clipping tool for intellectual people.
- Xinote – Take notes in the cloud.
- Pear Note – Records keystrokes, audio, video and slides (Mac).
- LifeTopix – A personal organization app.
- Bento – Personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- Mémoires – Simple and secure diary (Mac).
- Jottinx – Simple and clean online note taking.
- reQall – Remember what’s important to you here and now.
- Yojimbo – Effortless, reliable information manager (Mac).
- Together – Keep your stuff together, find it again easily (Mac).
- Memonic – A collaborative online notebook.
- Simplenote – Keep notes, lists, ideas and more.
- TheBrain – Mindmapping, brainstorming and GTD software.
- Shovebox – Capture notes, web archives and more for Mac.
- RedNotebook – A modern journal.
- Mindspace – Encrypted notes and file storage (coming soon).
- Notability – Unleash your note taking ability.
- Notebooks – An iOS app for taking notes.
- Note Taker HD – Take notes with a stylus on your iPad.