Sponsored by: Creative Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth Speaker
100 Wedding Blogs, Apps and Other Tech Resources
This post is #15 in DailyTekk’s famous Top 100 series which explores the best startups, gadgets, apps, websites and services in a given category. Total items listed: 130. Time to compile: 8+ hours. Follow @DailyTekk on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a week!
Weddings aren’t really the first thing that come to mind when you think of “tech” but technology really does surround everything these days, including the all-important trip down the aisle. This week we’re serving up some awesome wedding-related websites, apps and more for brides and grooms. I’ve looked at so many wedding resources over the last week that I’ve started inadvertently incorporating the terminology into my conversations. I told my wife just today I was excited about expanding to a brider audience (instead of broader).
Anyhow, if you’re getting married to your best friend–congratulations. Now let me introduce you to your other best friend, DailyTekk! We’re all about publishing cool and useful technology that you can use to make your personal and work life easier and better. There’s no better site to help you plan and book your honeymoon experience, organize your wedding planning efforts or even discover cool music for your big day. Wow, how did you ever live without us?
I remember when I got married almost five years ago how big of a deal it was that people could RSVP online. Things have changed a lot in just a few short years. Everything but the wedding event itself seems to be migrating online (except for ordering a cake–I guess those don’t travel too well over long distances). This post is a collection of awesome new resources. I purposefully left out a lot of the big names everyone already knows about (like The Knot) in favor of featuring startups and companies with unique offerings you hopefully haven’t seen or heard of before.
Climbur delivers exclusive big ideas and creativity to your inbox from the world’s top innovators every Monday.
Random and Cool
- Appy Couple – Invitations via apps.
- Tailored – Find your bridal style. Personalized wedding recommendations.
- The Groom’s List – Groom checklist and wedding responsibilities.
- WeddingLovely – Sends you timely to-do’s and easy to manage checklists via email.
- Twenty Pages – Magazines for weddings.
- Wedzu – Indie and handmade wedding marketplace.
- Beau-coup – Favors, party supplies, decorations and gifts.
- Listly – Create and share lists (i.e. wedding registry).
- FluidTables – Design and share your wedding seating chart online.
- The Aisle New York – Designer bridal exclusive sales up to 70% off retail.
- Chocomize – Create your own personalized chocolate from over 100 ingredients.
- Hitch’d – Save your wedding ideas, inspiration, blogs and services with ease.
- 100 Layer Cake – DIY wedding ideas, vendors, venues, supplies and more.
- The Budget Savvy Bride – Beautiful weddings without breaking the break.
- Every Last Detail – Insight for brides.
- Delightfully Engaged – Wedding ideas and inspiration blog by my wedding.com.
- Green Wedding Shoes – Wedding trends for stylish and creative brides.
- Eco & Elsie – A place for brides who love the earth.
- Inspired By This – Wedding inspirations, trends and photos.
- Kiss the Groom – A unique wedding blog.
- Eco-Beautiful Weddings – The blog for green weddings.
- Love My Dress – UK wedding blog.
- Snippet & Ink – Daily wedding inspirations.
- Style Me Pretty – Wedding inspirations. Self-described as “the ultimate wedding blog”.
- MarryThis! – Real, creative budget wedding planning.
- Bridesmaid.com – Planning, gifts and resources.
- Beyond Beyond – Inspiration, photography, pretty paper, design and music.
- Hello Brit – Wedding section of blog features tons of wedding ideas.
- Green Bride Guide – Everything you need to plan a green wedding.
- BrideFinds.com – Got the ring? Now get the rest.
- Project Bride – Wedding inspiration blog.
Inspiration, Ideas & Vendors
- Lover.ly – Discover and save wedding ideas.
- The Bridal Circle – An exclusive guide to the finest wedding vendors.
- OneWed – Smart and simple planning tools, endless eye-candy and vendors.
- WeddingWire – Over 200,000 reviewed wedding vendors.
- Wedding Parfait – Wedding services directory.
- Fashionable Bride – Find local vendors by category or area.
- GetMarried – Fresh, thoughtful inspiration.
- Weddingful – Online shopping mall for weddings. Browse packages and book on the site.
- The Wedding Favor – Wedding vendors and registry.
- My Wedding Concierge – Perfecting each wedding detail one search at a time.
- WeddingBook – Vendors, pricing and reviews for your wedding planning.
- Project Wedding – Vendor reviews and search (plus DIY, fashion and more).
- Pinterest – Search for “wedding” on Pinterest.
- Flickr – Search for “wedding’ on Flickr.
Photo & Video
- MagBooth – An awesome photo booth to make your reception spectacular.
- Sandbox Love – Destination wedding filmmaking. Wedding films and love stories.
- WeddingMix – Fun and affordable wedding video alternative.
- WedImg – The visual wedding photography directory.
- Kaptur – Collect everyone’s photos instantly.
- BridesView – Find wedding photographers and share wedding photos.
- Wedit – Delightfully shareable wedding memories. A social and timeless keepsake.
- LiveAll – Collaborative memories.
- Mpix – Unique photo prints and projects (especially in the “Fun Stuff” category).
- Knotpic – Easily collect photos from various guests into an album.
- Zookie – Create a custom wedding photo album design.
- Livestream Broadcaster – HD live video to the web without a PC.
- Noeeva – Mobile wedding planning app for iOS and Android.
- Ultimate Wedding Planner – Full-on wedding planning app from The Knot.
- Brides Wedding Genius – Appily ever after.
- 101 Bridal Gowns – Find the perfect fit for your big day.
- myPANTONE Weddings & Events – A perfect marriage of color and creativity.
- Mon Cheri – Dress to be remembered.
- Wedding Countdown – Have an answer to the question: “When’s your wedding?”
- Pair – An app for just the two of you.
- 100 Best Wedding Tips – Video tips from wedding planners, stylists, florists and caterers.
- Seatingplanner+ – Create seating plans.
Create a Wedding Website
- Weduary – Make your own beautiful and social wedding website.
- Wedding Jojo – A beautiful website for your beautiful day.
- Wix – Design a free website for your wedding in minutes.
- Glö – Uber-personalized wedding websites and email invitations.
- Nearlyweds! – Create a stunning wedding website. Free online RSVP.
- eWedding.com – Create a website that will help you plan and share the details of your day.
- WedShare.com – Personal wedding websites and planning tools.
- Wedsite.com – Unique wedding websites.
- WeddingWindow.com – Free custom wedding websites.
- Momentville – Free wedding websites.
- Google Weddings – Create a website, plan with Docs and share photos with Picasa.
- NewlyWish – Online wedding registry and bridesmaid gifts.
- MyRegistry.com – Add gifts from any site on the Internet to a universal list.
- Zankyou – Cash wedding registry.
- Gift Registry 360 – Bridal registry. Anything, anywhere, ONE list.
- WeddingFutures – A better way to give and receive wedding gifts.
- GiftSimple – The stuff you want from the people you know.
- Honeyfund.com – Free honeymoon registry. Free setup and no transaction fees.
- SimpleRegistry – Why have multiple registries?
- Karma – Send the perfect gift right from your smartphone.
- Starlight Registry – Collect cash toward your wedding gifts.
- Deposit a Gift – Cash gift registry. The registry experience redefined.
Invitations, Programs & Stationery
- WeddingInviteLove – Wedding invite vendor directory.
- Studio R – Invites, save the dates and more plus hand-drawn custom location maps.
- Parklife Press – Letterpress wedding invitations.
- Hello Lucky – Wedding invitations, save the dates and letterpress.
- I Love Flipbooks – PicFlips flip book software for weddings and parties.
- Minted – Custom wedding invitations.
- Wedding Paper Divas – Wedding and bridal shower invitations and save the date cards.
- MagnetStreet – Save the dates, invitations, programs, thank yous and more.
- Love vs Design – Invitations, save the dates, printables and more.
- One Heart Weddings – Wedding program templates, invitation templates and more.
- Fig. 2 – Correspondance for the well dressed.
- Bliss Invite – Aims to make mailing wedding invites painless (beta).
- found – Vintage furniture and decor (rentals and sales).
- Eventup – Event and party locations to simplify your planning.
- I Do Foundation – Chic and unique ways to raise money for charity with your wedding.
- WeddingDepot.com – Wedding accessories.
- Nearly Newlywed – Find you dream dress at a fraction of the cost, wear it, send it back.
- My M&M’s – Personalized M&M’s with your words and faces.
- Little Borrowed Dress – Bridesmaid dresses you can return.
- Figgie Shoes – Custom hand-painted shoes for brides.
- Scratch Weddings – Marquee wedding DJs. Affordable rates.
- Unique Venues – Formal and fashionable. Simple and subtle.
- WedOverHeels – A new wedding community launching soon (beta).
- Limos.com – The ride revolution.
- One Girl Cookies – All handmade from fresh ingredients (ships across the US).
- trueRSVP – Fake-proof your event. Find out who’s actually planning on coming.
- GigMasters – Event entertainment booking (live music).
- Recycled Bride – Used wedding dresses plus budget wedding decorations.
- mywedding.com – All-in-one wedding planning resource.
- Weddingstar – Decorations, supplies and party favors.
- Daily Aisle – Find and book your wedding venue in the San Francisco area.
- DIY Bride – Creating amazing weddings one project at a time.
- Marriage.com – Showcasing fresh wedding and dating videos featuring real couples.
- Wedding Cost Search – Average wedding cost by zip code.
- Candy.com – Build your own wedding candy buffet.
- Luxe Mountain Weddings – Mountain weddings across North America.
- Grower’s Box – Wholesale wedding flowers.
- Thumbtack – Find and book trustworthy local services.
- LifeScribe – The best stories you’ll ever tell are the ones you tell together.
- Destination Weddings – Start your journey with a destination.
- MRobin Cake Design – Amazing cake baker from Portland, OR.