Sponsored by: Creative Sound Blaster Roar Bluetooth Speaker
College Tech: 101 Indispensable Apps, Websites, Services & Resources for Students
This post is #22 in DailyTekk’s famous Top 100 series which explores the best startups, gadgets, apps, websites and services in a given category. Total items listed: 101. Time to compile: 8+ hours. Follow @DailyTekk on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a week!
College life can be crazy… that’s why we’ve compiled 100 awesome tech tools for college students. Whether you are studying, socializing, finding food (our first three categories), trying to land a great internship or looking for a way to pay for tuition, we’ve got you covered. As usual, we’ve included plenty of brand new startups so there is a ton of fresh new content to explore. Isn’t it nice to have everything in one convenient, bookmarkable place? I saw that a popular tech blog has been publishing “back to school” posts with subjects like “the top 5 iPhone cases” and a few “dorm gadgets” that seemed really lame. So, I thought I’d hook you up with some actually useful tech tools that will help you rock at everything from academics to relaxing. Game on. If I missed anything good, leave me a comment to let me know!
You might also like:
- 100 Ways to Discover and Enjoy Music
- The 200 Best Graphic, App and Web Design Tools and Resources
- 100 Tools to Develop the Next Killer iOS or Android App
- StudyHall.com – Study, share, connect with your classmates.
- Quizlet – Study languages, vocabulary or almost anything (and share with your friends).
- NoteWagon – Turn notes into cash (study guides, practice problems, chapter summaries).
- iStidiez Pro – Sophisticated student planner for Mac, iPhone or iPad.
- Wolfram|Alpha – Enter what you want to calculate or know about.
- STUDYBLUE – Make online flashcards and notes. Study anywhere, anytime.
- Boundless – The free textbook replacement; high-quality, open-licensed educational content.
- Brightstorm – Quick homework help (math, science, test prep).
- Notesolution – Ace your exams with the best notes at your school.
- instaGrok – Understand concepts like gravity thoroughly and intuitively.
- Chegg – Expert help in all subjects, eTextbooks, course reviews and more.
- OpenStudy – Social learning network and global study group.
- Koofers – Free test bank, lecture notes, professor ratings and more.
- Desmos – A beautiful, free online graphic calculator.
- Path – Stay connected with family and close friends.
- Pair – An app just for couples.
- Meetup – Find a meetup group near you by topic or interest.
- Wendr – Discover what your friends are doing tonight.
- Flaunt – A social network for student professionals.
- Highlight – A fun way to learn more about people nearby.
- Ourspot – Rediscover relationships.
- Pearescope – Privately introduces you to nearby friends of friends.
- Banjo – Notifies you when any of your friends are near.
- Everyme – The private social network.
- Diaspora – A creative way to remix your world.
- Touch – Share and chat with your closest friends and family.
- Hngry – Figure out where and what to eat.
- Seamless – Order food for delivery and takeout.
- Forkly – See “what’s good” at restaurants and share discoveries with friends.
- Thryve – Start eating what makes you feel great.
- Grubwithus – An easy way to meet cool new people at top restaurants.
- Evernote Food – Find and remember memorable food experiences on your iPhone.
- BiteHunter – Real-time location-based mobile app for finding great dining deals.
- CookItFor.Us – Get the recipes you crave made.
- Feastie – Search top food blogs for the tastiest new recipes.
- Allmenus.com – Find every menu here. Order online for delivery or takeout.
- Evernote – Remember everything.
- Schooltraq – A smarter academic planner for a smarter you.
- Scheedule – The calendar reinvented for students.
- Workflowy – Organize your brain.
- inClass – The last school app you’ll ever need (schedule, notes and more).
- Springpad – Smart notebooks to organize and share whats important to you.
- Awesome Note – Combine notes and todos in one app (iPad and iPhone).
- Clear – Breathtakingly-simple todos for iPhone.
- Things – Comprehensive todo list for Mac, iPad and iPhone.
- Wunderlist – Free and easy-to-use task manager.
- Any.DO – Award-winning reminder app that helps you do anything (iOS/Android).
Get an Internship/Job
- InternMatch – Find internships (including paid internships)
- Readyforce – Be found by your dream company.
- Seelio – A stage for college students to distinguish themselves.
- TalentEgg – Helps students and recent grads transition from school to work.
- StartUpHire – Find jobs at top startups.
- Internships.com – Internships and internship guidance.
- Pocket.Jobs – Post and pickup jobs.
- HireAHelper – Part-time and full-time labor jobs.
- After College – Entry level jobs and internships.
- YouTern – Startup internship opportunities.
Finance Your Education
- Tuition.io – Manage student loans; optimize your debt.
- Campus Shift – Make money, save money, have fun!
- Alltuition – The college financial aid common application.
- ScholarPRO – Get matched with personalized scholarships; manage them online.
- SoFi – Connects students and alumni for community financing opportunities.
- Go Financial Aid – Advisors and consultants for FAFSA and CSS profile.
- BookRenter – Rent your textbooks, save a bundle.
- MeritAid.com – Comprehensive directory of merit and academic scholarships.
- Athletic Scholarships Direct – Do you believe you can play at the next level?
- Scholarships.com – Find scholarships while colleges recruit you.
- Learndipity – Scholarships + savings.
- SparkCollege – Blogs, admissions, college life and school reviews.
- Spill – Peer support network for empathy and encouragement.
- OOHLALA – Energize the student experience.
- Localmind – Know what’s happening around town, right now.
- Roommat.es – Makes living with roommates easy.
- HackCollege – Student-powered life-hacking. Work smarter, not harder.
- UniYu – Support network for students.
- JusCollege – Social experiences, local services and deals on goods.
- Sumpto – Free stuff for college students.
- UCampus – Better connect with your city and school.
- 99U – Insights for making ideas happen.
- Amazon Student – Exclusive deals for college students.
- Blog U – Inside higher ed.
- Khan Academy – Learn almost anything for free.
- Udemy – Online courses from the world’s top instructors.
- Coursera – The world’s best courses, online, for free.
- Udacity – Free online courses from world renowned university professors.
- Skillshare – A community marketplace for classes.
- TED-Ed – Lessons worth sharing.
- Sophia – Learn in your own way. Over 25,000 tutorials.
- Memrise – The free and fun way to learn anything.
- The Concord Consortium – Digital learning for science, math and engineering.
- General Assembly – A global network of campuses for technology, business and design.
- Xollage – Find courses across multiple colleges and universities.
- Abroad 101 – Study abroad programs and reviews.
- Acceptly – College prep; see your chances of getting in.
- Inkling – Interactive books for iPad and the web.
- Kno – eTextbooks for iPad, Galaxy Note, Windows and the web.
- 30 Second MBA – Tips from business leaders.
- Fit Campus – Get fit, win prizes.
- Thoughtback – Program your mind, one thought at a time.
- BetterGrads – Connects high school students with college students as mentors.
- Acceptional – Sample college admissions essays.