Unless you’ve had your head under a pillow for the last couple of years you’ve likely run across the term Bitcoin—a lot. In case you are unsure Bitcoin is all about, let me provide you with a definition from Investopedia which calls it, “A digital or virtual currency that uses peer-to-peer technology to facilitate instant payments. Bitcoin is a type of alternative currency known as a cryptocurrency, which uses cryptography for security, making it difficult to counterfeit.” Whether you are just learning about Bitcoin for the first time or are Satoshi Nakamoto himself, you’ll find plenty of interesting resources to explore here. From explanations to mining tools to wallets to exchanges—it’s all here. Let me know what I missed and what your favorites are!
Bitcoin For Beginners
- Bitcoins.com – A simple, concise and well-designed guide to the world of Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin: What Is It? – Khan Academy course.
- Cryptocoins – Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin news and analysis (with a nice design).
- Coindesk – Bitcoin news, prices, charts, guides and analysis.
- We Use Coins – Your portal to the world of Bitcoin (great for starters).
- The Bitcoin Wiki – For all your Bitcoin needs.
- r/bitcoin – The Bitcoin subreddit.
- How Do You Buy Bitcoins? – The easy and free guide to buying Bitcoins.
- How Bitcoins Are Mined And Used – Article by BusinessInsider.
- Bitcoin – The Libertarian