Teaching kids to code is a big deal right now. It’s already mandatory learning in Britain. Mitch Resnick’s TED talk on the subject, titled Let’s teach kids to code, has nearly 1 million views. If you haven’t figured it out already, programming is driving our collective future, so why not help your kids get in on the act? Programmers make good money (the top 10% make upwards of $117,000), will always have work and can customize the world around them without needing to hire a developer—they can just do it themselves. But what’s the best way to teach a child how to code? There are more options than you might think. From robots to board games to apps, there are literally dozens and dozens of ways to teach children about logic and programming beyond plopping them in front of a teacher or tutor—even at an early age. There are, of course, more than 10 way to teach kids how to code, but these are the one’s we like best.
- What Is Code? 15 Facts For Beginners
- 7 easy ways to learn coding and computer science for free
- 100 terrific tools for coders and developers
Apps, Games and Robots That Teach Programming
- Tynker – Programming courses for kids with tutoring and visual tools ($50 per course).
- Robot Turtles – A board game that