Don’t act like you haven’t dreamed about being famous on YouTube. And don’t pretend like getting famous on YouTube is easy. It’s not. It takes persistence, creativity, persistence, some new technical skills, persistence, some help from people who are already successful, persistence AND… persistence. But while getting YouTube famous might seem really hard it’s by no means impossible if you’re willing to commit and be, you guessed it, persistence. Ready to go? Okay, here’s everything you need to know—in the order you need to know it—about getting famous on YouTube. If we missed anything or if you have any great suggestions, be sure to add it in the comments section below. Good luck!
TIP: We publish useful new tech lists every weekday. See them all!
- Memorize the resources on YouTube’s Creator Hub. But first, here are some basic things you should know…
- Do your research to get an idea of what’s out there; check out #PopularOnYouTube for starters.
- Above all else, be yourself and be original; the audience wants to get to know you as a person so express your unique personality.
- Be passionate about making content rather than trying to be successful.
- Figure out what will make your content different or better than other YouTubers.
- Get a good video editing program and practice using it. Along those lines…
- Start by making shorter