So, you’re brand new to YouTube and you’re wondering what kind of camera you need. The answer is both really simple and… a bit more complicated. Well the simple answer is there’s no specific type of camera people are supposed to use just for YouTube. The longer answer is that it depends on what kind of content you plan on making. Now in this video/article I’m going to first talk generally and then make some specific camera recommendations.
Before we go any further, let me clarify which questions I hope this article will help solve for you:
- What camera (or cameras) do I need (or which are best) for creating YouTube videos?
- How much money should a beginning YouTuber expect to spend on the right camera?
- What quality should I be filming videos in for YouTube (1080p HD, 4K or something else)?
- Do I have to have a DSLR camera for making YouTube videos?
- Do I need a camera with interchangeable lenses?
- Can I use an action camera (like a GoPro) as my main camera for my YouTube channel?
- Can I use my cell phone (or any cell phone, like an iPhone or an Android device) as my main YouTube camera?
- Is a point and shoot camera or a DSLR or micro 4/3 camera better for YouTube content?
- What features make up a good vlogging