Are you ready to be more productive while making your Mac more secure and a bit cleaner and more organized in the process? We’ve rounded up 10 of the best recently-released Mac apps to help you do just that because, lets face it, there’s no easier hack than simply installing an app.
I’ve been wanting to try a few of these apps for quite a while now and at the top of that list is MacID. The ability to take advantage of my iPhone’s Touch ID sensor to unlock my Mac—password free—is pretty awesome. I’m also intrigued by Laplock; as a person who has taken my Mac to many a coffee shop and, as a by product of drinking the coffee, have had to use the bathroom but resented packing everything I brought up to do so, turning my power cord into an alarm of sorts sounds pretty cool. Finally, I’d like to specifically mention Fetching; I visit a lot of sites every day and frequently wish I could remember one or two that I just can’t find again—problem solved.
TIP: We publish useful new tech lists every weekday. See them all!
Also read: The Top 50 Mac Apps (What’s New To You?)
- MacID – Unlock your Mac with just your fingerprint by harnessing Touch ID on iOS.
- OneTask – The only always-on-top, 1 task at a time task manager.
- Laplock – Your power cord is your lock; leave your Mac unattended, worry-free.
- Fetching – Takes the guess work out of bookmarking by saving every page you visit.
- CopyClip 2 – Clipboard management done right.
- Helium – A floating browser window for OS X. Watch Netflix while you work?
- Moom – Awesome window management for Mac; move and zoom windows.
- Clean – Unclutter your desktop; clean it daily or with one click.
- Caffeine – Don’t let your Mac fall asleep.
- MacClean – Free up space and fix slow running performance on your Mac, for free.