This post is #7 in DailyTekk’s famous Top 100 series which explores the best startups, gadgets, apps, websites and services in a given category. Total items listed: 125. Time to compile: 8+ hours. Follow @DailyTekk on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a week!
Social strategists, community managers and content programmers know that social media for business is more than just posting an update or tweeting some news–that’s for consumers. Businesses can harness the true power of social media by analyzing data, optimizing the social graph, leveraging powerful consumer-to-consumer platforms, using social CRM tools, tracking down and engaging influencers and monitoring for actionable intelligence.
Businesses and organizations who are serious about engaging with customers in a meaningful way have to go beyond the basics in social media. That’s why I’ve put together this comprehensive, yet easily scannable, list of social media tools and resources that can be deployed by small business or large enterprises. While there is a lot of crossover potential for many of these services, I’ve categorized them based on what seemed to be their focus or specialty. To start, I’ve assembled 20 random, must-see social media tools that are cool and didn’t necessarily fit into one of the other categories below. Next you’ll find some excellent marketing, monitoring (intelligence), CRM, and management (SMMP) tools. The post winds down with a list of awesome social media blogs and websites that can help you hone your strategy and keep you up-to-date with the latest news, some top social media agencies and some overflow resources you won’t want to miss. I’m anxious to see your comments with feedback or suggestions.
Climbur delivers exclusive big ideas and creativity to your inbox from the world’s top innovators every Monday.
25 Random, Must-See Social Media Tools
- Percolate – Turns brands into curators. Creates content for the social web.
- awe.sm – Analytics for social media.
- TweetReach – How far did your tweet travel?
- Contaxio – Contact management for your social networks.
- PostPost – Awesome stuff gets lost on Twitter. Strip-search your timeline.
- SocialScope – A mobile inbox for your social networks.
- NutshellMail – Delivers a social media summary to your email inbox.
- Amplicate – Find out what people love and hate on social media.
- Bottlenose – A smarter way to surf the stream.
- AddShoppers – Reward sharing, measure results, add shoppers.