This post is #11 in DailyTekk’s famous Top 100 series which explores the best startups, gadgets, apps, websites and services in a given category. Total items listed: 113. Time to compile: 6+ hours. Follow @DailyTekk on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a week!
There’s quite a list of people who are interested in creating iPhone/iPad and Android apps these days. Big publishers, indie developers, small businesses, advertising agencies, app enthusiasts/hobbyists/wannabe developers–the list goes on. No matter who you are this post has everything you need to develop, test, market, monetize, analyze, enhance and refine your next hit app. Get ready for some great tools that can help you create a more polished app with the biggest chance of meeting your goals (like making money or engaging users).
There’s truly something for everyone here. For the big guys I’ve included links to powerful and scalable cross-platform SDKs. For the indies out there I’ve included tools to help acquire traffic and promote apps to keep you competitive. For small businesses I’ve included some great services that let you create an app on your own with no coding required. If you’re a developer and you use this list to create an app, let me know! I’d be happy to help promote it if it’s good.
I’m sure there’s more than 100 awesome tools for creating awesome iPhone, iPad and Android apps out there so if I missed something good leave me a comment to let me know!
- Random + Noteworthy Tools
- DIY (No Coding) App Creation Tools
- Development, Analytics and Management Platforms
- Mockup and UI Design Tools
- Mobile Ads + Monetization
- Test, Refine and Get Feedback
- App Promotion & Marketing
- Enhance App Functionality
- Other and Miscellaneous
- Tapjoy – Drive more installs and boost your revenue.
- Vungle – Video trailers for your app.
- Skala Preview – Sends lossless, color-accurate previews to any iOS device.
- Apptopia – Buy and sell app ownership.
- appbackr – Get your apps funded or profit from funding apps.
- Ooomf – Create a beautiful landing page for your iPhone app in minutes.
- App Annie – App store analytics and market intelligence.
- Mopapp – App store analytics.
- Pieceable – Make your iOS apps work in the browser.
- Chupa – The marketplace for buying/selling mobile app components.
- Distimo – Providing valuable insight