Remember when you first started using email? It was cool, wasn’t it? And fun? Now email has become a chore. For modern Americans, our inboxes are a bit like our homes–we spend a lot of time there so it might as well be as pleasant of an experience as possible. Our lives still run on email, of course, because it’s a default form of communication but also an avenue of authentication (how many sites still require you to enter your email address in order to create an account?). Email may slowly become less relevant (or more likely, morph and change shape) in our personal and business lives over the next decade or so, but it’s not going to disappear over night.
That’s why I’ve rounded up some of the best email tools and resources I could find. Even for such a mature space there is plenty of innovation taking place. Startups are coming on the scene looking for mature players to disrupt or adding lots of extra value to current solutions. Thanks to Gmail’s API there are now tons of excellent browser add ons and extensions to power-up and enhance Google’s popular email offering. Here in this list you will find email tools for both business and personal use. These products and services will not only help you get more done but will hopefully help to put the joy back in your email experience.
Random & Cool Email Tools
- Sparrow – Lightweight and fast. A simple way to get to inbox zero.
- Nutshell Mail – Manage social networks with email.
- Attachments.me – Organize all the files in your email.
- ToutApp – Supercharge your business emails with groups, analytics and templating.
- Shortmail – Length-limited email (500 characters) means less spam, better conversations.
- BrandMyMail – Live social content, blog posts, signatures and more in your emails.
- Notification Control – Email notifications can be a pain. Take 1 minute to clean them up.
- YippieMove – Transfer an email account to another account of your choice.
- Postbox – Be focused, be organized, be awesome. Gmail client for Mac and Windows.
- OtherInbox – Free, innovative organizational tools to make email better.
- PowerInbox – Brings apps to your emails just like apps on your iPhone.
- WiseStamp – Bring life to your email by promoting things you care about.
- CloudMagic – Blazingly fast exchange and Gmail search.
Make Email More Productive
- ActiveInbox – Effortless email excellence. Organize