This post is a follow-up to a recent post titled 100 Ways to Discover and Enjoy Music (which savvy musicians will see as 100 more resources to exploit). That post was for the consumer side of the industry, the fans. While creating that post I was also creating this post at the same time. I had originally intended to make another top 100 post out of it, but just didn’t get there. Nonetheless, I think this should be a seriously helpful resource for artists, especially newer artists or musicians who may be a bit older in age :). What you’ll find here are some excellent tools for managing the business side of your musical career, some direct-to-fan marketing and distribution services, cool concert tools and a huge variety of services to help you market yourself and spread the word and more.
A few years ago I ran a national Christian music talent search and managed a few bands. Even longer ago I had fun playing the drums for a local band that had a lot of potential but never really went anywhere. I looked up from my desk the other day and saw a signed drumhead hanging on the wall featuring autographs from some of the bands I had worked with in the past and it got me thinking about writing a post like this featuring awesome tech tools for musicians. A few years back I remember eagerly anticipating the launch of Topspin Media and it’s fun to come back and look at how much progress they have made and how many other new tools and services there are for musicians trying to earn a living without necessarily being signed to a record label.
If I’ve missed any great resources please leave a comment to let me know so I can get it added.
Analytics & Business Tools
- RockDex – Track buzz, find fans, spot trends.
- BandCentral – Management tools for music professionals.
- Musicmetric – Powerful artist analytics platform.
- Next Big Sound – Actionable intelligence for the music industry.
- Artist Growth – Manage your gigs, finances, schedule and more.
- Bandbook – Free online community that connects bands, fans, managers and venues.
- TourIntel – Concert business intelligence.
- Buzzdeck – Advanced analytics for the music business.
- Bandize – Organize your band from the ground up.
- Zenph – Transform music into data.
- Topspin Media – Spread content anywhere, increase fan connections, make