Last week DailyTekk brought you The 100 Best iPad Accessories and the week before that our annual list of The 100 Best, Most Interesting Blogs and Websites of 2014. This week we’re bringing you the best-of-the-best iPhone apps in the iOS ecosystem right now. I guess you could call these editor’s picks (the list is purely based on opinion). There are awesome iPhone apps that aren’t on this list as well, but by breaking the list into 20 categories, it left room for only 5 per section. All links go directly to the app store. Some of the apps are premium (paid) and some are free but all are very cool. Let me know what I might have missed in the comments.
Apps That “Wow”
- Heard – Capture the moments you might otherwise miss.
- Glympse – Temporarily share your location with people.
- Osito – Predictive intelligence to keep you one step ahead.
- Umano – Interesting articles read to you by real people.
- MagicPlan – Measures your rooms and draws your floorplan with pictures.
- Launch Center Pro – Launch actions, not just apps.
- Evernote – Remember everything.
- Pocket – The place to put things you want to view later.
- MyPermissions – Find out who has access to your personal info.
- Zeebox – Your TV sidekick.
- WhatsApp – Simple, personal, real-time messenger.
- Snapchat – Disappearing photos and videos with captions.
- Facebook Messenger – Free texting from Facebook.
- GroupMe – A private chat room for your small group.
- Tango – Free video & voice calls, texts, photo sharing, games and more.
- Lightt – Brings your videos together seamlessly as a continuous movie.
- Magisto – Automatically edit videos (and photos) to share with friends.
- Vyclone – Friends, cameras, action.
- Viddy – Turn everyday moments into 30 second videos.
- JumpCam – A free and fun way to film videos together with your friends.
- Landcam – Take full creative control of your photos.
- VSCO Cam – Separate focus and exposure controls and a variety of filters.
- Seene – Create shareable 3D photos that bring together image, depth, movement.
- Analog Camera – A very simple way to capture and process everyday moments.
- Over – Add designy text and artwork to your photos.
- Spotify – Access millions of songs.
- SoundCloud – Share your sounds and discover the sounds of others.
- Twitter #music – Find new music from around the world.