This post is #2 in DailyTekk’s famous Top 100 series which explores the best startups, gadgets, apps, websites and services in a given category. Total items listed: 117. Time to compile: 6-7 hours. Follow @DailyTekk on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a week!
Since I not only work for a nonprofit but am also in the process of starting my own nonprofit, I’ve been doing some research into some useful tech tools in the social sector. In my search I ran across a few list posts that either (a) mentioned only a few tools or (b) mentioned tools that were really just business tools that nonprofits could also use. Since neither scenario offered me an easy-to-bookmark motherlode/jackpot scenario that fulfilled my craving for nonprofit-specific tech tools, I set out to create a useful list of my own. Trust me when I say it wasn’t easy. I spent a good 6-7 hours of my free time researching, typing and linking but I feel like my effort paid off since I discovered dozens of new tools I had never heard of before including a few that are still in private beta testing (denoted as coming soon). It should be known that I left quite a few sites out because they had designs that looked like they were from the very beginning of the Internet (design is important to me). If I missed anything good let me know in the comments!
Climbur delivers exclusive big ideas and creativity to your inbox from the world’s top innovators every Monday.
- Rally.org – Social fundraising made easy for everyone.
- HelpersUnite – Connecting artistic projects, business and charity.
- CauseVox – Build beautiful fundraising sites quickly and easily.
- Fundly – Social fundraising platform.
- Causecast (for nonprofits) – Free cause marketing and fundraising tools.
- Givey – Cost-effecetive, gift-aided donations through social media and SMS.
- Pinkdingo – Enabling recurring donations (coming soon)
- MyCharityBox – Easily collect donations online.
- Philanthroper – Daily deals site / non-profit donations mashup.
- Charity Engine – Changing the world one bit at a time.
- Sevenly – Tee-shirts that raise money for charity.
- 1% of Nothing – Inspiring early-stage corporate philanthropy (coming soon).
- Give2gether – Effective and simple online fundraising.
- Flipgive – A better way to run fundraising campaigns (coming soon).
- Razoo – Online fundraising and donations for nonprofits (at 2.9%).