Dear DailyTekk readers,
Thank you for reading our blog!!! You are awesome and we will continue to work hard to bring you the coolest and most useful tech content that you will want to incorporate into your life every single weekday. Today you will notice some (awesome) changes the DailyTekk you’ve come to know and love since our launch. Nothing to be worried about… just some optimization. If you loved DailyTekk before, you’re going to love it still. We’re simply refocusing our efforts to better serve you, our readers.
Here’s What’s Changing:
- We’ll be working hard to bring you more cutting-edge tech startup news. We want you to hear about it here first and are pursuing strategic partnerships as well as creating new content acquisition channels to make that happen. Expect to see this implemented over the next couple of weeks.
- We’ve simplified our site navigation making it easier to find what you are looking for.
- We’re going to offer a better variety of content.
- You can now easily see what topics are popular/trending on DailyTekk.
- We’ll still be posting exciting and fresh content on a daily basis, though the Daily Tech Finds category will no longer be with us… (this doesn’t mean that we won’t be covering cool gadgets anymore, we will).
- Mondays will be now be dedicated to our popular and useful Top 100 posts – a great way to start the week!
- We’re aggressively positioning our Twitter feed – @DailyTekk – as a go-to source for useful technology news. You’ll find amazing links to cool tech news from other sites and we’ll tweet about awesome tech content that didn’t make it onto DailyTekk.com but we think you’ll still want to know about. In other words, from now our Twitter account is going to add even more value to your Twitter stream instead of just promoting our own content.
- Finally, we’ll eventually be adding some advertising space to the site in a non-obtrusive way that will allow us to expand our coverage and create more opportunities to improve our site.
Basically, we want to carve out a niche all our own focused on not just coolness, but usefulness. We want to combine the best aspects of (the original) Techcrunch, Mashable, Engadget, etc… to keep our audience not only informed but living and working better thanks to new technologies while adding in our own unique flavor. Due to the (currently) small size of our team, we will likely post about 1-2 times per week day. Our goal is not to cover everything exhaustively, but rather to curate the best of what we find and recommend only the best stuff to our readers. We think this will be a successful formula because people are short on time — they want to stay up-to-date but need a way to cut through the clutter and that’s what we want to help them do. So, from now on, when something appears on DailyTekk, you can rest assured that it’s a solid resource we believe our audience will want/need to know about. We believe what we don’t put on the site is just as important as what we do.
What Do You Think?
How do you feel about our new focus? Do you love it? Hate it? Tell us if you think we are headed in the right direction or if we are screwing up royally. Your opinion matters to us so leave a comment!