With over 600k social shares, the original 100 Ways to Discover and Enjoy Music post easily became DailyTekk’s most popular article—ever. Now, around a year and a half later, we’re bringing you a follow-up post: this is part 2. The original post contained some incredible music resources, many of which you are familiar with (Spotify, Pandora, Shazam, etc.). This go around, I’ll bet that 99% of the services here you haven’t yet heard of… meaning you’re going to love digging into this post (Twitter #music is probably the notable exception). Have fun—and be sure to let me know what I missed in the comments below.
- #Music – Unearth popular and emerging music on Twitter.
- Playground.fm – Listen to handmade playlists created by music lovers.
- Set.fm – Discover amazing live recordings.
- Preamp – Discover live music in your city.
- Music Impacts – Music discovery based on deep personal impact, not popularity.
- Soundwave – Discover music your friends are listening to.
- Discovr – Discover and share the music you love on your iPhone.
- Torch Music – Customized recommendations based on listening history.
- BAMM.TV – Find emerging artists.
- Beastmode.fm – Random music to make you happy.
- Songdrop – Play music from anywhere. Collect and share.
- Bop.fm – Play any song. Use any music service. Share with any friend.
- Omny – Your personal radio. Mix your radio, music, news and more.
- Rara – Ad-free music on all your devices.
- iTunes Radio – Create stations and stream on all your devices.
- Xbox Music Pass – Unlimited music wherever you go.
- Tunebox – Music player for Dropbox.
- Radical.FM – Streaming music programmed by hand, not engineers.
- Jango – Free music—Internet radio that plays what you want.
- Magnatune – Listen to a unique collection of music.
- Rithm – Send songs to your friends.
- Mindie – Share life through music video (in seconds).
- Listn – Listen to your friends music for free.
- Tinysong – Perfect for tweetin’ songs.
- Cumulus.fm – Collect and share your music discoveries.
- Bloom.fm – Borrow whatever music you want (UK, for now).
- TwitMusic – Share music, concerts, photos and videos.
- MyStream – Share your music, not your headphones.
- TastemakerX – Become a music tastemaker.
- Fair Share Music – “You download, we donate.”
Just Plain Cool…
- Ambify – Turn music into light.
- Lisnr – Discover more from your audio. Unlock extra content.
- Musigram – Say it with music.
- Groove – Rediscover and