With over 600k social shares, the original 100 Ways to Discover and Enjoy Music post easily became DailyTekk’s most popular article—ever. Now, around a year and a half later, we’re bringing you a follow-up post: this is part 2. The original post contained some incredible music resources, many of which you are familiar with (Spotify, Pandora, Shazam, etc.). This go around, I’ll bet that 99% of the services here you haven’t yet heard of… meaning you’re going to love digging into this post (Twitter #music is probably the notable exception). Have fun—and be sure to let me know what I missed in the comments below.
- #Music – Unearth popular and emerging music on Twitter.
- Playground.fm – Listen to handmade playlists created by music lovers.
- Set.fm – Discover amazing live recordings.
- Preamp – Discover live music in your city.
- Music Impacts – Music discovery based on deep personal impact, not popularity.
- Soundwave – Discover music your friends are listening to.
- Discovr – Discover and share the music you love on your iPhone.
- Torch Music – Customized recommendations based on listening history.
- BAMM.TV – Find emerging artists.
- Beastmode.fm – Random music to make you happy.
- Songdrop – Play music from anywhere. Collect and share.
- Bop.fm – Play any song. Use any music service. Share with any friend.
- Omny – Your personal radio. Mix your radio, music, news and more.
- Rara – Ad-free music on all your devices.
- iTunes Radio – Create stations and stream on all your devices.
- Xbox Music Pass – Unlimited music wherever you go.
- Tunebox – Music player for Dropbox.
- Radical.FM – Streaming music programmed by hand, not engineers.
- Jango – Free music—Internet radio that plays what you want.
- Magnatune – Listen to a unique collection of music.
- Rithm – Send songs to your friends.
- Mindie – Share life through music video (in seconds).
- Listn – Listen to your friends music for free.
- Tinysong – Perfect for tweetin’ songs.
- Cumulus.fm – Collect and share your music discoveries.
- Bloom.fm – Borrow whatever music you want (UK, for now).
- TwitMusic – Share music, concerts, photos and videos.
- MyStream – Share your music, not your headphones.
- TastemakerX – Become a music tastemaker.
- Fair Share Music – “You download, we donate.”
Just Plain Cool…
- Ambify – Turn music into light.
- Lisnr – Discover more from your audio. Unlock extra content.
- Musigram – Say it with music.
- Groove – Rediscover and reconnect with your music.
- Seenth.is – The latest news in music you don’t want to miss.
- whyd – A social network for music lovers (invite needed).
- BioBeats – Generate music from your heartbeat. Merging entertainment + health.
- Focus@Will – Listen to neuroscience based music channels while you work.
- MOX – MTV for 2013. A programmed video feed.
- MyMusic – Create music magazines. Supercharge your playlists.
- Wavo – Find free music with friends.
- Playlists.net – Share and explore Spotify playlists.
- Swarm.fm – Find great music through people you trust and artists you love.
- Tastebuds – Meet people through music.
- Rockbot – Lets users pick the music playing at restaurants.
- PingTune – A music messaging app for sharing tunes with friends.
- EQuala – Rely on your friends music to be the best radio station.
- Soundtracker – Geosocial internet radio.
- Moosify – Find your “soundmate” now. A music social network.
- Playmysong – Take control of the music around you.
Live / Concerts
- Turntable Live – Enjoy an incredible interactive live experience.
- Qello – Brings the concert to you wherever you are.
- Timbre – A simple app for finding live music.
- Evergig – Watch your favorite concerts captured by friends.
- Jukely – Concerts with friends.
- Applauze – Tickets to everything.
- Concert Window – Watch live concerts from your couch.
- Sofar Sounds – Curates secret, intimate gigs in living rooms around the world.
- Festicket – Find your perfect festival.
- Stageit – A frontrow seat to a backstage experience.
iPhone Music Apps
- musiXmatch – The world’s largest lyrics catalog.
- Keezy – Colorful and fun music-making app.
- Jamn – The musician’s multi-tool.
- Mixcloud – Listen to inspiring DJs.
- WhoSampled – Discover amazing things about the music you love.
- Traktor DJ – Groundbreaking DJ software on the go.
- Figure – Synths? Check. Drums. Double-check. Start creating.
- Band of the Day – Unearth a new artist every day.
- Hypemachine – Discover the most talked-about music from around the world.
- Yap Music – Discover beats in a whole new way.
- Capo 3 – Reverse engineer rock and roll (learn to play your favorite songs).
- Jamr – Choose videos to jam to.
- SoundBrush – Turn drawings into music.
- Tabber – An awesome way to learn to play guitar with LED lights.
- Artiphon – A musical instrument that combines the old and new.
- Rock Band Reloaded – Rock Band for your iPad.
- Coub – Create animations and add music soundtracks.
- Soundslice – Tabs have never been so fun.
- Song Quiz – Challenge you skills with thousands of songs.
- Groove Coaster – A groove filled roller coaster.
- Splice – Enhances the creative process for musicians and producers.
- August – A home for artists.
- VibeDeck – Sell and share your music and merch online.
- Loopport – The sound supplier.
- BandPage – Your official artist profile. Engage millions of fans.
- Fandalism – Meet other musicians.
- Tracks.by – A great way to release new music and videos.
- Loudr – Pay what you want content platform.
- DistroKid – Unlimited uploads to iTunes and more. Keep 100% of your royalties.
- WatZatSong – Let the community name your songs.
- AudioJungle – Royalty free music and sound effects.
- Stereobot – Premium music for film, TV, advertising and interactive.
- Synkio – The right music for your project from a global music community.
- The License Lab – Handcrafted sonic inspiration.
- The Music Bed – Audio licensing for video, photography, film.
- Epidemic Sounds – Bring the drama.
- Getty Music – Original production music scores. Premium music tracks. Instant downloads.
- Audiodraft – Introducing crowdsourcing to audio production.
- YouLicense – Music marketplace.
- BeatPick – Music for your ideas.
Absolutely Don’t Miss
- Tomahawk – An iTunes alternative.
- Kickstarter Music Projects – Find and fund new music.
- BalconyTV – Where local musicians find a global audience.
- Rabbl – Tell your bands where to play.
- Rushmore – Stay up-to-date with your favorite artists.
- Feed.fm – Add legal music feeds to your website or app.
- Beatcoin – A jukebox running on bitcoin.
- Gigit – Book live music faster, better and smarter.
- CueNotes – Social liner notes.
- Musicplayr – Play and share free music.
Featured image via The MAve Hotel.