Instagram famous. You’ve heard the term. You understood what it meant immediately and you wanted to be it. You wanted thousands—or millions—of people anticipating your next photo wanting to be first to like or comment. You wanted to be so popular and influential that brands would pay you to tastefully promote their products within your feed. You wanted to make a living as a professional social media mogul. You wanted respect and you wanted to be recognized. The problem, though, is that you had no idea how to turn this dream into reality—until now. Ready to grab 15k likes per photo? Here’s everything you need to know to become Instagram famous in 1 simple list:
Before we officially start, the first tip is to get yourself a phone with a great camera — something like a brand new iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S series. There’s no amount of filtering that can make up for great initial quality.
Also read: The 150 Best Instagram Accounts Of 2015
- Choose an instantly appealing Instagram name.
- Write a meaningful bio that would make people want to follow you.
- Upload a creative selfie for your profile photo people can get to know you.
- Study the best Instagram accounts to see what people like.
- Don’t post random images—pick a theme (probably centered around a passion of yours).
- Post only GREAT pictures (learn how to take better pictures).
- Some photos are good but not great—never post a mediocre photo.
- To get started, have at least 15-20 amazing photos before “promoting” yourself.
- Edit your pics—but not with Instagram’s built-in options. Try these apps.
- Add interesting, informative captions.
- Don’t be too repetitive—mix it up (within your theme).
- Beach, reflection and sunset photos tend to do very well.
- Have a solid posting routine: daily, weekly, etc.
- Don’t overpost; once every six hours should be your limit.
- Make your hashtags #unique and #creative.
- Don’t look desperate by using too many hashtags.
- Use your photos to tell a story; people love narrative.
- Help people learn something through your photography.
- Tap into previously used hashtags for places and objects you’ve photographed.
- Take creative selfies with blue, green and beige tones—avoid selfies with warm tones.
- Let your friends and followers on other social networks know you’re on Insta.
- Cross-promote your Insta pics to your other social profiles.
- Follow the followers of people with similar photos to yours.
- Comment—a lot—on other people’s profiles who post similar pictures.
- Show appreciation by responding to your audience.
- If someone gives you a compliment, say thank you as often as possible.
- Join Instagram contests/projects.
- Follow Instagram’s official blog for great tips and ideas.
- Make sure your Instagram profile is public. DUH!
- Don’t ever pay for followers. Believe in yourself. If you make it, it’ll be because you’re authentic.
- Do everything you can to get featured by Instagram. You need to tap into established audiences to go really big.
Did we miss anything? Add your comments below.
- 10 Simple Ways To Get More Instagram Followers And Likes (Huffington Post)
- How To Quickly Get Popular On Instagram (iPhone Photography School)
- How To Become Instagram Famous (Wikihow)
- Ready For Your Close Up? Here’s How To Become Instagram Famous (Digital Trends)