This post is #6 in DailyTekk’s famous Top 100 series which explores the best startups, gadgets, apps, websites and services in a given category. Total items listed: 112. Time to compile: 8+ hours. Follow @DailyTekk on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a week!
Update: Be sure to check out our latest post on infographics: Infographics Are Everywhere – Here’s How to Make Yours Go Viral.
I love a good infographic! After all, knowledge is power and the visualization of data makes absorbing information all the easier. Well-designed infographics have a way of pulling me into a subject I’d normally never care to know about. As a designer I can attest to the crazy amount of time it takes to make a compelling, useful infographic. I have to say I knew about many of the great links, resources and tools I’ve linked to here on this post before but I dug deep and found some new and exciting infographic tools that I’m willing to bet you haven’t seen before. Items 1-5 under the Data Visualization Tools and Software category are sufficiently capable of arming even a novice designer with the ability to produce a powerful infographic (though I’m sure experts will find them handy as well). In short, if you love infographics, data visualization and information design as much as I do, you’re going to love this post. As always, leave me a comment with your thoughts and suggestions!
You might also like:
- The 50+ Best Ways to Curate and Share Your Favorite Social Media and News Content
- The 100 Best, Most Interesting Blogs and Websites of 2012 (Categorized)
- The 200 Best Graphic, App and Web Design Tools and Resources (Categorized)
- The Best Blogs and Websites about Infographics
- Data Visualization Tools and Software
- Data Sources
- Create Personal Infographics
- Great Infographic Studios and Designers
- Infographic Articles and Tutorials
- Other / Miscellaneous / Overflow
- Visual.ly – Awesome community for creating and sharing infographics.
- Information Aesthetics – The relationship between design and information.
- Visualizing.org – Making sense of complex issues through data and design.
- Visual Complexity – A resource for the visualization of complex networks.
- Daily Infographic – A new infographic every day.
- GOOD Infographics – GOOD Magazine’s excellent infographics section.
- Information Is Beautiful – Ideas, issues, knowledge, data – visualized.
- Infographic of the Day –