Update: 2017’s list of the best websites is here!
I don’t know about you, but I’m constantly running into so many cool websites I want to remember or recommend to people but I don’t always have time to make a note of them, add them to Evernote, bookmark them in Delicious, etc. So this is a good example of a post I created as a personal (and completely unscientific) resource that other people will probably benefit from as well. Some of these sites are pretty new while others have been around for a while now, but they are all awesome right now in 2012.
So whether you are looking for a way to catch up on the latest Internet trends, want to find some exciting new content to load into your favorite news aggregating app or are just bored and need to waste some time online, this list represents hours of potential discovery. Depending on your level of Internet usage, you may already know about a few of these sites but chances are you’ll find plenty of new favorites here (unless your name is Guy Kawasaki or Robert Scoble, that is). Don’t forget to check the miscellaneous category at the end of the post where I stuck some of the overflow sites or sites that were’t as easy to classify–some of the best links are hiding in there.
You might also like:
- The 50+ Best Ways to Curate and Share Your Favorite Social Media and News Content
- Over 100 Incredible Infographic Tools and Resources (Categorized)
- The 200 Best Graphic, App and Web Design Tools and Resources (Categorized)
- The Five – For those who lean on their right brain.
- Twisted Sifter – The best of the visual web.
- Cool Hunting – Art, design, culture and technology.
- Holy Kaw (Guy Kawasaki) – Former chief evangelist of Apple.
- Get Addicted To – Daily mix of creative culture.
- The Cool Hunter – Roaming the planet searching for cool.
- My Modern Met – Connecting over creativity.
- The Burning House – Photos of cherished belongings.
- Dear Photograph – A picture of a picture from the past in the present.
- Neatorama – Neat-o stuff.