Yes! It’s finally warming up outside and that means it’s time for adventure. If you want to capture the best Instagram photos, have the best quality time with your friends and family, need the best break from work or just need to scratch your itch to explore you’re definitely in the right place (unless you’re an Android user—sorry). This list contains the best hiking, mountain biking, camping and exploring apps for iPhone.
Personally, I’ve been going on a weekend excursion every week for the last month and a half or so already. It gives me a chance to get away from the computer and desk and move my legs, smell fresh air, see new things and get completely exhausted—which is a good thing.
In all honesty, I’ve had a pretty good time just opening up Google Maps and zooming around to find fun places to explore. I actually highly recommend it—it’s led me to some really cool out of the way places that aren’t written or talked about much. But after researching this post, I’m definitely adding many of these maps to my arsenal!
- Yonder – Plan your next adventure. Connect with inspiring people, places and experiences.
- The Clymb – Get mobile-exclusive discounts via private sales up to 70% off trending outdoor apparel.
- AllTrails – Hiking and mountain biking trails; browse guides with photos for 50,000 trails and more.
- Recreation.gov Camping – Find available campsites.
- National Parks by National Geographic – Guides to 25 of America’s top national parks.
- goFlow Sports – If it’s an outdoor sport, this is where you connect with other enthusiasts.
- komoot – For hikers and bikers; topo maps, navigation, recommendations on where to go, etc.
- Spyglass – Essential GPS toolkit for outdoors and off-road navigation.
- Gaia GPS – Offline topo maps and hiking trails for when you don’t get service.
- Nature Passport – Motivates kids to get outside and explore through missions.
- Backcountry.com – “We get people who get outside.”
- Oh Ranger! Park Finder – Find nearby parks; filter out those you don’t want to see.
- REI – Shop outdoor gear from your phone.
- Map My Hike – Hiking tracker and trail finder.
- Peak Finder Earth – Get info about mountains before you hike/climb.
Featured image via Flickr.