There’s so much information online just begging to be curated: news, social media, images, video, websites… the list goes on. Reading great content from my favorite blogs and websites is one of my favorite down-time activities. It’s also an important part of my job as an IT Director because I need to stay on top of the latest trends, announcements and tech news. Just a few years ago, the tools I used to use for reading and consuming content were Google Reader, StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious… you know all the big names.
More recently I’ve discovered some great new tools to read and share my favorite content which I’ve included here in this list. Whether you are a person who just likes to stay on top of the latest news, a blogger like me who needs a way to organize the vast amount of information that comes my way or a person who just enjoys sharing what they find with others you’ll love this list. Tech-savvy readers may know of some of these tools already but I’m guessing there’s plenty of new sites and services here for you to discover. I actually discovered quite of few of these links by checking my blog analytics — turns out many DailyTekk readers knew about some of these great items before I did!
Content Gathering and Personalized Newsfeeds
- Faveous – The place for everything you like.
- Trapit – Captures personalized content. Powered by advanced AI.
- Scoop.it – Leverage curation to easily build gorgeous magazines.
- retickr – A Mac app that streams Facebook, Twitter, RSS to your desktop.
- iFlow – Discover, curate, share. A real-time information exchange.
- curated.by – Collection of topics and interests curated by everyone.
- Paper.li – Become a publisher and start an online newspaper.
- Feedly – Minimalistic, personal, social news reader for creative minds.
- Bundlr – Create topic pages to share.
- Flockler – Create your own magazine. Share your passion.
- Prismatic – Discover and share relevant news.
- Collected – Collect your interests.
- Kurat – Follow the news that really important to you.
- Pearltrees – Collect and share everything you like on the web.
- Shareist – Create your own custom curation website.
- Qrait – Realtime content curation platform.
- Kweeper – The easiest way to gather, organize and share things.