Think about this for a moment… if we didn’t have cameras on our phones, how would we get through the day? There are already plenty of ways to share photos (now there’s an understatement if I’ve ever typed one). There’s the obvious choices like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Flickr—and then there’s the ever-growing array of new apps and services striving to grab a piece of our camera rolls. Here I’ve gathered a list of what I consider the 50 best photo sharing, printing and organizing resources you probably (hopefully) haven’t heard of before. Without a doubt, there’s plenty of new photo tools to discover below.
Must-See Photo Tools
- Albumatic – Beautiful, shareable photo albums for any theme or occasion.
- EyeEm – Take and discover beautiful photos.
- Ember – Collect and curate images that inspire you and sync across all Apple devices.
- We Heart It – Discover inspiration and beautiful images every day (the new Pinterest).
- Snippit – Share photos with short music clips. Pure awesome.
- Everlapse – Share life frame by frame. Flipbooks, time-lapses and more.
- Memorability – Create narrated photo books for your iPad to share.
- Ding-Dong – One-tap to send a photo with your location to your friends.
- FrontBack – You and what you see (front + back camera captures in one pic).
- Tracks – Discover and share experiences and interests via group photo albums.
- Memoir – Collect, relive and share your memories (at the right moments).
- Context – Simple, fun photo texting. Share how you feel and where you are.
- Wink – Everything you love about Instagram and Snapchat in one place.
- SmugMug – Create stunning photo-sharing websites.
- Kicksend – Share photo albums privately with a tap or order prints in seconds.
- Cluster – Private photo sharing with friends.
- WireOver – Send secure, encrypted large files (like photos). NSA-proof? You tell me.
- Shots – Create a selfie picture diary on your phone (yes, it’s backed by Beiber).
- Pumpic – Auto-backup all your photos with free unlimited space and share with friends.
- Tadaa – Photo sharing network for photographers (you own the copyright to your photos).
Photo Prints & Books
- Printstagram – Print your Instagram photos.
- PastBook – Relive memories with collaborative photo albums and printed books.
- MixBook – Photo books, photo cards and calendars.
- Moments – Digital snaps worth printing (same-day photo book pickup at Walgreens).
- Pixeli.st – Handmade oil paintings from your favorite Instagrams and photos.
- Mosaic – Create a stunning photo book from your phone in a snap.
- Flag – Free (ad-supported) photo printing.
- Keepsy – Easy photo books and calendars.
- Printzel – Turn your digital creations into photo books from within your favorite apps.
- Polaroid Socialmatic Camera — Instantly print photos and/or share them via social media.
If you’re not viewing this list on DailyTekk.com then it was stolen without permission. Click here to view the original (and support the real author).
Photo Organization & Storage
- Loom – Hold every photo you have ever taken—what iCloud should’ve been.
- Unbound for Mac – A faster, simpler photo manager.
- Photoful – Gesture-based photo organization for iPad and iPhone.
- StreamNation – Store and stream all your media.
- Memloom – Turns your photos and videos into stories that will never get lost.
- Tapastreet – Image tracking app. Organize photos that matter to you.
- Pixa – Organize your photos the easy way.
- Keepsafe – Lock photos and videos on your phone.
- PhotoScope – Browse your Aperture or iPhoto library from your iPad or iPhone.
- MyPhotostream – Access your photo stream with ease.
Photos + Fun
- Pictorious! – A free, mobile, picture-sharing game that creates fun, social interactions.
- Repix – Remix your photos before you share them.
- Glassnost – Share Google Glass photos and videos.
- Story – Turn the photos on your phone into stories you can personalize, save and share.
- Rando – Give, receive and collect unique photos from random people.
- Dubble – The first app that creates random photo mixes (multiple people create one image).
- Days – Automatically document what your camera sees each day.
- Fuzel – A fun and powerful way to make photo and animated collages on your phone.
- Appysnap – A game where friends complete challenges by sharing photos.
- Halftone 2 – Turn your photos into comics.