This post is #8 in DailyTekk’s famous Top 100 series which explores the best startups, gadgets, apps, websites and services in a given category. Total items listed: 129. Time to compile: 8+ hours. Follow @DailyTekk on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a week!
If you’re going to be traveling, either for business or pleasure, you might as well do it in style. I’ve put together this monster list of travel resources to help you get the most out of your next trip(s). If you’re a frequent flier, you’ll probably want to bookmark this post right now. Planning your honeymoon? Bookmark immediately. Time to take the fam on an awesome vacation? Bookmark-city. Included here are some awesome new tools that can help you save money when you book your trip, find cool people to sit with on your next flight, help you discover fun things to do wherever you go and much, much more. Ever worry about bed bugs? There’s even a link for that here too.
So whether you’re taking a road trip and need to know what kind of exciting things there are to find along the way or you’re headed on an international adventure and need to find a last-minute hotel for the night, this list is definitely going to come in handy for you both now and in the future. Like many posts I write here on DailyTekk, this post is a resource for myself and also for people I know and/or work with. If I missed a great resource, let me know in the comments so I can get it added.
Like this post? You might also like Gogobot: The Best Travel App For Finding Things To Do
20 Random and Cool Travel Sites & Services
- rome2rio – Discover how to get anywhere.
- Jetpac – Travel photos, tips and guides from your friends.
- airbnb – Vacation rentals, private rooms, sublets by the night.
- Jetsetter – Great vacations at members-only prices.
- Startle – Expert hotel, restaurant and destination reviews.
- Twigmore – Have friends on the ground wherever you’re heading.
- Travellr – Smart travel answers.
- OnTheWay – Planning a road trip? Find the interesting stuff along the way.
- Triptrotting – Not just another clueless tourist.
- Trippy – A place to share travel ideas with friends.
- CouchSurfing – The world’s largest travel community.
- SocialStay – Text hotels like you would communicate with friends.
- Where I’ve Been