According to this infographic, a new user signs up for Instagram every second! If that wasn’t enough to blow your mind, consider that every second on Instagram, users perform over 575 likes and comment more than 80 times. While many businesses are using Twitter to market and engage with customers (and why not–there are plenty of great Twitter-specific tools not to mention powerful tools for social media marketing in general), marketers definitely need to add Instagram to their social media marketing strategy because it is growing fast. In fact, it took Instagram less time to reach 100 million users than LinkedIn, Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook.
Every week I’m going to be setting out on a mission to learn something new and to kick things off I’m going to learn about Instagram marketing. If you’ve ever wished you could have personal access to the thoughts of the world’s leading experts on a given subject, you have clicked your way into the right series! I’ve contacted 6 incredible Instagram marketing experts and asked them to let us in on their best ideas. Before we dive in to part 1, take a moment to meet this week’s group of Instagram marketing experts:
- Brian DiFeo (@bridif) is co-founder of The Mobile Media Lab (@MMLNYC) & NYC’s Instagram community (@InstagramNYC).
- Camella Mendez is a content strategist with Internet Exposure (on twitter @iexposure), a digital agency that specializes in website design, development and online marketing. Her background in journalism helps her design digital content strategies driven by a true editorial approach.
- James T. Noble (@jamestnoble) makes small businesses bigger. He’s worked with some of the world’s largest brands and companies to market their products and services online—including Disney, Microsoft, 20th Century Fox, Virgin, Coca Cola, MTV and many others.
- Jason A. Howie (LinkedIn) is a web and social media manager and an unabashed marketing geek who has a love for both the analytical trends and the creative possibilities in social media marketing.
- Jason Miller (@jasonmillerca) handles social media and content for Marketo and is a B2B blogger.
- Kim Lachance Shandrow (LinkedIn) is a Los Angeles-based tech journalist who specializes in writing about social media marketing, startups, smartphones, streaming TV, mobile apps and green technology.
- Lisa Buyer (@lisabuyer) is a social publicist and journalist who runs the Social