This post is #10 in DailyTekk’s famous Top 100 series which explores the best startups, gadgets, apps, websites and services in a given category. Total items listed: 151. Time to compile: 8+ hours. Follow @DailyTekk on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a week!
Right now our culture is in the middle of a huge video revolution. The lines between content creators and consumers are quickly blurring. People are becoming less dependent on their cable and satellite subscriptions and more dependent on web content (you’ve heard the buzz words like cord cutting and TV everywhere). At the same time, armed with iPhones and iPads, consumers are beginning to get serious about shooting, editing and sharing their own movies. Small businesses are getting in on the act as are countless nonprofit organizations. Increasingly, TV and video consumption is getting social. People want to share what they are watching with their friends and see what videos their friends have discovered.
This week’s post is a bit interesting because it’s going to appeal to a wide variety of people: professional and amateur video producers, people who are looking for great places to watch quality online video, brands and marketers wanting to better engage their audiences and people who want to ditch their cable service or simply get more out of it.
Pssst: If you’re an iPhone user you’re about to discover a treasure trove of cool video tools including apps and hardware. You’re life will never be the same!
Did I miss something cool? Leave me a comment to let me know!
Climbur delivers exclusive big ideas and creativity to your inbox from the world’s top innovators every Monday.
- Zeebox – Your TV sidekick. It’s social, clever and fun.
- Tunerfish – Socialize around the TV shows and movies you love.
- Miso – Social TV platform that makes watching TV more fun.
- GetGlue – Check-in to TV, movies. Discover new favorites.
- SnappyTV – Share clips of live TV on Twitter and Facebook.
- SceneChat – Adds a social toolbar to embedded videos on your website.
- ACTV8.me – Interact, consume, socialize and share while watching TV.
- TVplus – Interactive TV, actor bios, program guide and more.
- ConnecTV – Welcome to social TV. Share the moment.
- Viggle – Watch TV, get rewards.